Being Sick Changes Your Mind






Recently, I received a bladder infection from the cells of my body.  Rightfully so, I wasn’t treating them very nice, nor was I giving them enough tools to continually do what I ask of them.  (To the souls of my cells, I’m sorry.)   

I can be going along fine and they give me my first burning urine as a warning, to which I reply, “This isn’t good”.  My body’s history is this -  if I’m not to the doctors within 4-5 hours, I’ve got a full-blown kidney infection that can put me in the hospital. 

Oh shit!   

This time, I had no car, none of the neighbors were home and all I had was a bicycle.  The nearest doctor was probably a 10-15 minute bike ride away.  Not bad when you are well, but when you got burning between your legs and it’s hard to walk...  I may as well of had a covered wagon and had to get to California from Oregon.  I began to panic, then the little voice in my head, said “ask Google for home remedies”.  So I did. 

I found several videos to watch; I picked ten and started my home treatment with the top commonalities:  water, fresh garlic, ginger root, turmeric root, apple cider vinegar, no animal proteins, no white flour, no alcohol, pro-biotic yogurt and fermented foods (sauerkraut).  I didn’t have all the supplies, but what I did find was some AZO pain relief in my makeup bag.  I took it quickly and began calming my mind the best I could with Qi Gong and healing sounds.  

The YouTube experts said, “It takes 3-5 days for the pain to go away (that is pretty true, but I’m a pansy and supplemented AZO pain relief), and 10 days to fully heal."  I chose to believe them, after all, what did I have to lose?  Most all of them agreed that by not using antibiotics your body will build its immunity to the bacteria.  OK, I thought, I can do this.  And, how great would it be to be done with bladder infections for the rest of my life!

Dis-ease, being sick. changes your mind.  Would I be strong enough to not take the easy way out?  I was loyal to the regimen because I didn’t want to hurt any more. It scared me and tested me all at the same time.  

I lasted 7 days, before I began to poison my body once more.  For 2 days, I savored roasted chicken, frozen yogurt mint chocolate chip bars (in my defense yogurt was on the menu), Stewart Anderson’s Cattle Company, wine, pad thai, tom kha soup, and even more stuff.  What was wrong with me!  By not following through for 3 more days I made the cells of my body mad.  So mad, they brought it back!  

Secret -  on day 8 I had a Thai massage for 90 minutes.  I could feel the toxins being released and  I blamed it on the massage.  I’m sure it was part of it, but who am I kidding.  I want to be able to eat, drink, and be merry like people who aren’t sick.  It’s a mind game.  

Today is the 9th day and I should be on the road to extreme happiness.  Instead, I am starting all over again.  

Being sick changes your mind about how healthy you really are.  I’m not gonna lie, it’s been really, really hard!  Meditation, mantra, clearing my space, feeling my kidneys and bladder in pain, and knowing “I did this to them.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell, On Earth…

Be Careful What You Ask For

The Good Morning Moving Story