Bradley's Backhoe


At the age of 22, Bradley, took a leap of faith, and purchased a backhoe.

Bradley starts his story by referring to his grandma saying, “You may not be the smartest boy, but be kind and work hard, you’ll be ok.”  He is definitely OK, thanks to grandma’s words.

This man is one of the most humble people I have run across in a very long time.  With money in his pocket, a beautiful wife, and three stunning children, he slowly tells his story.

"When I was 18 I signed up for the military and served for four years.  I saved up my money, so when I got out of the service I could buy a backhoe and start my own company.  And, that is what I did.

The day I purchased my first piece of equipment, I was scared to death, surprised the salesman didn’t see my legs shaking.  I walked in, took a walk around the lot, picked what I knew I wanted, and paid cash.  The salesman handed me my receipt and told me it was outside."

Salesman:  "Your backhoe is outside; keys are in the ignition so you can put it on your trailer."
Bradley:  "What trailer?"
Salesman:  "You don’t have a trailer?"
Bradley:  "No sir"
Salesman:  "Do you have a truck?"
Bradley:  "Yes sir"
Salesman:  "Hold on son while I call back to the shop to see if we have an extra trailer you can borrow to get it to your shop."

After the trailer was arranged, they headed outside.  There she was a beautiful backhoe ready for work!  Bradley was grinning from ear to ear.  He got his truck in place and ‘saddled up the trailer’.
Salesman:  "Ok, you’re ready to load her up!"
Bradley:  "I don’t know how."
Salesman:  "What!?  You don’t know how to drive a backhoe"
Bradley:  "No sir." 
Salesman:  "You’ve got to be kidding me.  Joey, get out here!  This kid doesn’t know how to drive the backhoe he just bought.  Teach him how to operate it; I’ve got other customers waiting."

After hours of training with Joey, Bradley drove his investment onto the trailer. 
He says that day was more exciting than he had dreamed it would be.


The rest is history.  At the age of 37, he now owns and operates two successful excavating companies, employs more than a dozen people, is well known for his hard work, kindness and is a valuable asset in his community. Grandma’s words stand true today.  Congratulations Bradley on a job well done!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attitude

#1 Reason Your Relationships Suffer

Dreamer