Setting Yourself Up For Failure




What a beautiful way to set yourself up for Failure... 

Books are near impossible to live up to! 

I started when I was 19 going to seminars and reading positive  & ‘self-help’ books,.  What the seminars and books had forgotten to tell me that if I followed through with every word they teach, I could possibly walk on water!
“Think positive and you can achieve anything you set your mind to!”  By the way, that’s complete bullshit!  “Believe it and you’ll achieve it”—missing something!  Think it ALL you wish, if you don’t create ACTION, it ain’t going to happen. (Yes, I typed ain’t!)
None the less, below is some pretty great stuff. I had it plastered all over my walls and my refrigerator for years and I miss it sometimes.
Below are a few of my favorite quotes from some authors I’ve admired and/or who have inspired parts of my life to what it is today.  I’ve also included some book recommendations that will be worth your time.
Zig Ziglar
Quotes:
“You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
“If you can dream it, you can achieve it."
 “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
“If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
Book recommendation:  “Top Performance”, is one of my favorite book of Zig’s, and I have used it over-n-over!
Denis Waitley
Quotes:
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.”
“There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons.”
“The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.”
“Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience.”
“Psychology of Winning”, my First cassette series I ever listened to regarding self-help -  repeatedly until the tapes got stuck in my player from getting thin.
Norman Vincent Peale
Quotes:
“Change your thoughts and you can change your world.”
“One of the basic laws of human existence is:  find yourself, know yourself, be yourself.”
“First thing every morning before you arise, say out loud, I believe.”
“Yesterday ended last night. Every day is a new beginning.  Learn the skill of forgetting. And move on.”
Book recommendation: “The power of positive thinking”, literally changed my life!
Napoleon Hill
Quotes:
“Have a Definite Purpose”
“Get along peacefully with others”
“Your only limit is yourself”
“Conceive, Believe, Achieve”
Book recommendation:  “Think and Grow Rich”, if you have NOT read this book…’what are you waiting for?’
Og Mandino (one of the best ‘not-so-known’ authors)
Quotes:
 “I will greet this day with love in my heart.”
“Today will never happen again.  Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all.”
“Beginning today, great everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight.  Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.”
“You are not here to fritter away your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine.”
“Always do your best.  What you plant now, you will harvest later.”
Book recommendation: “The Choice”.  Since my early 20’s, I’ve read this book more than five times! 
I have stacks and stacks more!! Yes, I used to read 15 minutes in a positive book EVERY NIGHT.  Thank goodness I did, I might not have made it to 50 if I hadn’t.  I was on a self-destruction path at 17.  At age 19 I was on a self-help addiction course and have never stopped.  Now, I am writing to you.  (Thank you for reading!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell, On Earth…

The Good Morning Moving Story

Attitude